Posted by: Anne | 2012-09-30

Could we be pregnant?

Hi Doc. I''ve been skipping the inactive pills of my ginette the last 3 months. The last two weeks Im experiencing pregnancy like symptoms. I am terribly tired,nauseas,dizzy,headaches,my blood sugar levels are low,moodswings and had two days of spotting. All of a sudden coffee makes me nauseas while in the past I loved it and could drink up to 4 cups a day. Is it possible that we could be pregnant? We took a home pregnancy test a week ago but it was negative. Should I stop taking the pill? I dont want to damage the fetus

If you skip the placebos then you get 4 weeks worth of hormones from the Pill instead of three. This is probably causing your symptoms. If the pregnancy test was negative pregnancy would be unlikely. Unless you have been told to skip the placebos for medical reasons, I would suggest that you take them at the end of the next pack.

Posted by: Nini | 2012-10-01

It really depends on where you are in your cycle.

Are you late for your period yet? If you are officially late then you can take another test and it should be more accurate by now.

The symptoms explained sure do sound like pregnancy, but also remember that the pill can also mimic pregnancy symptoms.

The most accurate way is to take a blood test, as the results take about 2 hrs.

Keep us posted.

Reply to Nini