Question
Posted by: Yolanda | 2012-12-14

Could this be the onset of Menopause

I am 43 years old and had a hysterectomy 4 years, ovaries were left intact. I am currently experiencing day and night sweats. This makes me feel out of control and very agitated, I was also diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder about 10 years ago. As depression and mood swings creates havock in my life, the above aint easy. I have a vaginal infection on a weekly basis.Sexual intercouse is very low on my lisy, just not interested, My body/joints are stiff and sore. My feet are the worst. My dr did prescribe eostrogen twice. These meds put me in a very sad state, I have endless tearing sessions - I just cant help myself to stop crying. I also cannot use any herbal meds as this will interfere with my BP meds. Any suggestions?

It does sound like you are perimenopausal. There are various forms of HRT which you could try, including patches and implants. You may have to try a few before you find one which suits you.