Question
Posted by: Zeetah911 | 2012-01-20

Could this be normal?

i just have a quick question. my period is 28 days apart from each other and every month on time. me and my boyfriend both stays with our parents, my period usually starts on a wednesday and ends a friday. why is it that if we on a saturday before my period book a hotel room for the day to spend quality time, then my period doesnt come on that wednesday but a week later? it happened 4 times already.for example my period was on 16 november and my next period was due the 14th on december but it came the 21 december (booked a room on the 3rd of december) my period for jan was due on the 18th i didnt get it yet, meaning its coming next wednesday. is there something wrong with me?should i consult a doctor about this? or is it normal? i am not on any contraceptive (i stopped taking it 16feb last year and after 6 months my period was regular every 28 days apart until i noticed that this happens to me everytime we book a room) also due to the fact that the hormones in the contraceptive, gave me either a rash or i get depressed. i was on the injection for 3 years (developed a rash on my legs) was on triphasil for 3 years, heavy depression, the doc thought that yaz would work, was on yaz for 1 year and the depression didnt go away. now i dont have any of those side effects.

It sounds like you have been observing your periods closely for the past 6 months and the delayed periods have occurred 4 times in this time. It probably has nothing to do with booking the hotel room and this is just a coincidence. Your periods do seem irregular and this may mean that you are not ovulating regularly. You should see a gynaecologist about this.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2012-01-25