Posted by: Annon | 2009-04-06

Could this be Heart failure???????????

Yesterday my right ankle was swollen it wasnt sore or paining I noticed it in the morning. For about 2 weeks now I have been having palpitations (where I feel my heart beats fast and i feel like I cant breathe for a few seconds). I also had gastro 2 weeks ago and when I went to the doc he said that my BP was a bit low. I also noticed that the underneath of my feet are hot most of the time. What cud this b?

Dear Anon
No these are not symptoms of heartfailure per se. However, I think you should see your doctor to do an ECG to exclude arrythmia. The low BP with gastro could be expected. The hot feeling under your feet could be due to blood circulation problems or a sign of high blood sugar or a sign of vitamin deficiency.