Posted by: Sharon | 2012-02-27

Could this be gallbladder related or liver related?

I would like to know what could be the cause of the following combination of symptoms:

(1) sudden, severe stabbing pain in the back, in the region of the right rib cage.
(2) Vomiting up a basin full of bright green bile (JUST bile with NO food particals in it).
(3) Bright green semi solid stools the next day

All of the above symptoms were once-off and occurred several hours after eating a very greasy Cheese Burger and Chips (many years ago). I have never had a repetion of these symptoms, but I do experience MILD pain in my upper abdomen (right side) a lot of the time. I have no other symptoms.

It is possible that your epigastric pain is due to a gastric ulcer or a possible gallstone. You will have to consult your doctor for a referral for an upper abdominal ultrasound and a gastroscopy, to determine the cause for your symptoms.