Posted by: PP | 2011-12-07

Could this be a symptom

Hi Doc,

For the past few days I''ve been in pain. I have IBS which has been under control since I started eating the right foods...
I still get bloated and recently I get a pain just under my belly on the right side. It''s like someone is stabbing me or my tummy is going to burst. When it starts I have to sit down and wait it out, if I am walking I have to stand still and wait out. It takes seconds for the pain to go but then I will still be left with an ache for the rest of the day....
What could this be?

Abdominal pain is a symptom of irritable bowel syndrome but I strongly suggest that you consult your doctor for an examination as soon as possible, to rule out appendicitis.