Posted by: Anel | 2009-02-17

Could My Pill be Causing the Problems?

Hi Doc,

I recently stopped taking my pill Yasmin (been using it for about 2 years) because I think it could be causing my problems.

Before I was taking it I had the occasional yeast infection and it sometimes hurt during sex. But ever since I started on Yasmin, things have got downhill.

These days it hurts so much during sex that I don' t even bother (causing issues with my husband). My vagina gets so dry that it gets ' crusty' . Its sore and dry and uncomfortable practically all the time.

I never had these problems before I was taking Yasmin, so I have stopped but I don' t want to be without the extra protection.

What other pill could you recommend?

You could try Triphasil or Femodene.