Posted by: IUIGirl | 2009-08-25

I had my second IUI 7 days ago, counting 6DPO, I have been using 50mg Clomid and had an HcG trigger shot. My questions is, does a person have to have pink or brown in their discharge for it to be implantation? I just had a heavy clear, wet discharge, and was wondering if that could be a sign of implantation? I am not sure what is what with my body due to to all the extra hormones, I really hope it is a good sign.
IUI Girl

Dear IUI Girl

The pink or brown discharge is not always necessary for implantation. The watery discharge is also not a sign of ovulation and maybe just due to high hormonal levels. More often than not the only first sign of pregnancy is the positive blood pregnancy test, which in the case of an IUI’s should be ideally done on day-12 post insemination.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim