Posted by: MJ | 2009-09-11

Hi there, i' ve been off the pill for 5 months now, i had my period last month on the 16th of August and this month on the 9th of September. But this month the colour is different more like a brownish colour, and there was almost no pain. Could this be implantation bleeding or is there something wrong with me.
And i would like to find out how do you work out when you will ovulate?

Dear MJ

Certainly the possibility of an implantation bleed exists and I would recommend a pregnancy test within 5 or 7 days. In order to establish the day ovulation it is important to have a regular cycle even though this may not be necessarily 28 days. However any cycle longer than 34 days does not apply. The day of ovulation is then calculated by subtracting 14 days from the expected next period.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim