Posted by: lolo | 2011-09-12

Could it be asthma

I like running, have been doing it over the years. i stop during winter time, i resumed at the beggining of this month but it has been difficult cos i experience acute shortness of breath. This morning i had to stop and walk back home cos it was bad and i was whizzing a lot. My mother was asthmatic, so is my daughter. Could it be that i also have it, it has been lying dormant all these years?

Yes, it is possible that you are suffering from asthma and I suggest that you consult a pulmonologist for lung function tests, to exclude any underlying pathology.

Posted by: LOLO | 2011-09-14

thanks doc. your advice is always valuable. i just wonder if i will find a pulmonoligist in bloemfontein.

Reply to LOLO