Question
Posted by: Andrea | 2009-08-11

could I still be pregnant??

Goodday. My period is late with 9 days. I don' t have any period symptoms, except lower back pain. My boobs aren' t sore. Just a bit sensitive at nipple area. I' ve been on the pill for 7 years, but stopped drinking the pill in November 2007, since then my period has always been regular. Usually it comes between the 2nd and 4th of every month. Today is the 11th and still nothing. I' m not experiencing any significant pregnancy symptoms either. Except lower back pain which comes on and off and sensitve nipples. I took an HPT on 6 days late but came back negative and one again on 8 days late, again negative. Could I still be pregnant, and chances are that the HCG hormone level is not yet high enough for an HPT to detect? Should I go for a blood test rather? Should I wait longer? Help!

I would suggest that you see a doctor to investigate why your period is late. Ectopic pregnancies may give a negative home pregnancy test, but there are many other possible causes for a late period.