Question
Posted by: Tammy | 2011/07/12

Could i run the risk of falling pregnant

Hi...

about 16 days ago i stopped taking my pill as the doctor put me on antibiotics for a week (it was the beginning of the white pills)... I heard that antibiotics cancel out the pill anyway so i thought i may as well not take them as it would be a waste??

I had been on the pill for 6 days until my husband and i had sex again. (im due to come on again in about 5days)

Do i run the risk of falling pregnant? And if i am pregnant, does it mean that i may still have a period considering its so close to my next one?

This is all very confusing to me.... and all i want to know is if i should still get a pregnancy test even if i do have a period this month.... Im on paxil 20 for anxiety and i have a glass of wine every night and if i might be pregnant i dont want to do anything that could harm my baby...

Im a bit freaked out... please advise!!

You are at risk for pregnancy if you do have sex within 2 weeks of completing the antibiotics. If you are pregnant, you will not have a period. So if you have a normal period at the right time, you are okay. However, if you only started the Pill again 6 days ago, this will disrupt your cycle and you probably will not have a period till the end of the pack. The safest would be to do the pregnancy test 16 days after you had intercourse.

1