Question
Posted by: Ex drinker | 2010-01-07

Could I have laryngitus

My voice is very hoarse, sounding like someone with laryngitus, but I dont have a sore throat or any other symptons. This is been going on for about 10 years.

I am an ex smoker , quitted more than 2 years ago, and use to be a binge drinker ( Brandy and coke ) about 3 bottles a weekend.Quitted for more than 6 months.

Do you think my voice is been damaged from the smoking and alcohol abuse. Will it get better ??????

OK, on the face of it, this is not a quesion for a psychiatrist. Smoking and alcohol abuse can cause a variety of ill-effects, some showing themselves years after one stops, even though the health benefits of stopping start to accumulate hapilly as soon as one does stop.
Congratulations on having finally managed to quit both noxious substances. But it'd be wise to see an ENT ( ear/Nose/Throat ) specialist to have your throat properly examined, to check the cause of this hoarseness, and to work out the best way o dealing with it.

1