Question
Posted by: Helen | 2010/05/10

Could I have conceived?

Hi Doctor, I stopped the Nordette pill about 2.5 weeks ago. I had a few days of withdrawal bleeding after that. This weekend (7 - 9 May) I had lots of cervial mucous. Could I have been ovulating so quickly after stopping the pill? I had unprotected sex and wonder what the chances of me getting pregnant so soon after leaving the pill.

It is possible that you ovulated. Some women do fall pregnant immediately aftr stopping the Pill.

2

Posted by: Purple | 2010/05/11

Being on the pill, even long term doesn''t mean you won''t ovulate for a period after stopping the pill.
Even people who take antibiotics or miss a pill can become pregnant. Once you are off the pill, you can get pregnant.

However, it does take up to a year of tryng for a couple to become pregnant, though some do fall pregnant the very first month off contraceptives.

Reply to Purple