Posted by: Zozo | 2013-01-15

Could I have been pregnant?

In 2005, I decided to go see a doctor on the second day of missing periods. The nurse did a urine test and told me that i was pregnant but i still needed to see the gynae ( the nurse worked for this guy). Eventualy I did see the doc on that very same day. I was shocked and confused and the doc did not even do a scan to determine how far i was.

He could could see that i was schocked and he asked me if i wnated to keep the baby or abort? so i said i wanted to abort and he gave me a pill that i had to put under the tongue and charged me R150 for it. By the timei got home i was already having my periods which were normal and little bit of cramps. It lasted for about 4 days.

When this happened i did not know anything about abortion pills and before i had gone to see him i had not even thought about having abortion. 5 yeras later i just started thinking about this incident and decided to read about it and this has raised the following questions?

Was i really prgnant considering that in that month i had taken a morning after pill?

They say you need to take two pills when you abort? why did he only give me one?

How did he know the duration of the pregnancy? he did not do a scan...

They say the pill is very expensive but he only charged me R150 back then?

They say you nee to go back for a follow up, i was not asked to come back.

They say you bleed for abot 9- 15 days, but i just had normal periods with a little bit of cloths.

I am rally confused, please help doc

If you had a positive pregnancy test then I presume that you were pregnant. The duration of the pregnancy can be determined from your last period. A scan would not show up at this early stage. The pill you were given may have been misoprostil which is quite cheap. Very early in a pregnancy there would not be a lot of bleeding.
So long after the time, it will not really be possible for you to determine whether or not you were really pregnant, though the positive test would obviously suggest that you were. If you are having problems accepting this, I would suggest that you talk to a psychologist.