Question
Posted by: nonz | 2009-08-30

Could i have a problem with my bones?

i believe there' s a problem with my bones, i' m not sure exactly what could it be. my finger bones sometimes get painful and its as though they will swell but they don' t, the pain jst goes away on its own. my legs sometimes get painful especially my knee joints, this usually happens when i' m sitting for a long time. i occasionally get cramps on my feet. there are also times when my arm bones are sore, the pain feels like its coming from within (inside the bone). i walk on a daily basis although i don' t do any heavy exercise i' m an active person. is ther some sort of nutrients that i' ' m lacking, do i need to excersize. plz help as i' m worried this might affect me seriously in a long run.

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Nonz
It sounds more like you have some wear and tear changes in the joints of the fingers and the knees.This can be a bit of arthritis, but I suggest you go to your GP so that he can look at the joints. Walking is good exercise. A balanced diet is also important to maintain overall health.