Question
Posted by: really worried | 2009/08/19

Could I have a fertility problem?

I have been on the pill called melodene for the past 3 years. In April I stopped the pill as I am trying to conceive and up till today there is no result.
Could I have a fertility problem? Or is this normal?

I really want to become a mother is there something that I am not doing right?

Dear Really Worried

You are worrying too soon as you have just stopped the pill in April and haven’t given yourself enough time to say that there may or may not be a problem. Providing you have a regular menstrual cycle and you are having intercourse regularly then most couples will conceive within a year of trying to fall pregnant. You may have a problem only if you haven’t conceived within 1 year.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo