Question
Posted by: worried | 2008/09/01

Could I get pregnant?

I had sex with my boyfriend, and we used a condom but it broke (before he ejaculated). We both got tested for STD' s before we started having sex but I' m very scared of getting pregnant. I feel to embarassed to go get a morning after pill, and I heard that the hormones are not good for you. Can I get pregnant even though he did not ejaculate? I am one week away of getting my period. What should I do?

Expert ImageTeen expert

Whilst you might feel embarrassed you have to weigh up that feeling as opposed to becoming pregnant and the ramifications of that. If he did not ejaculate the possibility of pregnancy is minimised but sometimes a small amount of sperm leaves the penis prior to ejaculation.

In future, please consider setting your embarrassment aside, if you are prepared to have sex then you also need to take responsibility for what can happen if you do. That way,you will put your protection and safety first.

The legal age for sex in RSA is 16 years

3
Posted by: Kman | 2008/09/02

The debate of wether or not you can get pregnat during your period has been ongoing for decades. But yes you most definitly can.
The best way to prevent unwated pregnancies as well as STD' s is to use protection.
I know alot of people dont like the feeling of using a condom but trust me its worthwhile. If you know you are in a monogamous relationship and you have been tested for STD' s why not try going on to the pill?

Reply to Kman
Posted by: Bon bon | 2008/09/02

Could i get pregnant if we sleep together during my periods

Reply to Bon bon
Posted by: Kman | 2008/09/02

You could definitly get pregnant even if he did not ejaculate. Its called pre-cum. What would be more embarassing.....getting the morning after pill, or having to tell your family and friends that you are pregnant?
If you can go and get tested for STD' s going to the pharmacy and asking for the morning after pill should not be that difficult.

At least you two were responsible enough to use a condom (even though it broke)

Reply to Kman