Question
Posted by: cindy c | 2011-03-07

could i be pregnant or is it just yaz

Good day, right at the end is a question I asked a nurse and her answer is also right at the bottom.(question I asked and answer i was given are below)
My question now is… 
Well at the moment I feel nauseous it comes and goes during the day, I have headaches, im dizzy at times, I feel bloated, gassy, my waist area looks fat and bloated, and my bra feels like it’ s getting to small. My breasts are sore. Could it all be just because of not taking Yaz for a while or could I maybe be pregnant? If I must do another test when would be the best time or the right time to take another test or should I just wait till my next period which will then be on the 16 March 2011.

Question i asked the nurse:
need some help please, am confused. I had my period on the 19th of January 2011. I am on yaz but couldn''t take Yaz from the 21 January till the 29 January - due to financial reasons. I unprotected sex on the 29 January and on the 5th of February and 26th February. Have not taken yaz since the 16 february. My period was due on the 16th of February but nothing. on the 17th of February when I go to the loo all I have is brown discharge but only when I wipe. No need for tampon or pantyliner. could it be because I skipped some of my pills? Hope you guys can help me.. Thank you

Below folows the response to your query from the nurse:

Hi Cindy C
The risk of having fallen pregnant is obviously there since you had 3 sets of unprotected sex. ( what happened to condoms??) Do you have any symptoms of pregnancy...ie running to the loo a lot to pass water, tiredness and breast tenderness? You could possibly just be irregular due to the body now "  running on it`s own steam"  ( no artificial hormone control)

If you are definitely not pregnant you must wait till you get the next period before restarting the pill and then you must still use condoms x 2 weeks as you will not be protected in that time
Kind regards
Sr Chalmers

2
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011-03-08

Posted by: Dr Bets | 2011-03-07

Hi Cindy
You can probably already do a pregnancy test if you did not have a normal menstruation in February. The symptoms are like the symptoms of pregnancy but can also be caused by hormone imbalance

Reply to Dr Bets