Question
Posted by: Racoon | 2009/12/01

Coughing, hoarse, feeling ill for 4 weeks

Dear CyberDoc

I' ve had a cough, sometimes dry sometimes productive, for 4 weeks now accompanied by hoarseness and sore-ish (sometimes) throat. Since Sunday I' ve been experiencing chest pain (central under my breast bone) when coughing. I also feel down and tired, but can still muster enough energy to go to gym. As far as I can tell I don' t have a post-nasal drip and I' m using Nasonex. My thyroid was tested with TSH 0.69, FT4 10 and FT3 5.7. I' m also on fluoxetine 20 mg, and sometimes Urbanol for a sleep disorder (I take it maybe 2 to 3 times a week). Do you have any suggestion on why I feel so lousy?

Hallo Racoon
You may have an underlying upper airway infection - your doctor will be able to check with a full blood count.
Your thyroid function test values seem to be in the normal ranges.
dr Bets

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/12/01

Hallo Racoon
dr Bets

Reply to cyberdoc