Question
Posted by: SASA | 2008/07/31

COUGHING FOR 2 MONTHS

I started coughing in june,i had green sputum when it began,took Trifen,Alcophylex.then went to Doc as i didn' t get better,gave me broncholidator-syrup,Ranclav antibiotics,went again to change,gave me mixture of expectorant & broncholidator suryp,prednisone 6 once a day,Co-Clavaumox antibiotics.It' s a week since my medication is complete and i' m still coughing though it' s not as much.I had bad fever,blocked nose,nausea,lack of appetite& terrible headaches.Should i go back to the Doc?What could be wrong with me.I have a family history of asthma.Apparently when i was a child i used to b hospitalised for such coughs,and turning purple.I don' t have any sputum,went for an x-ray and sputum tests.Doc said i just have a bad cough as it shows on the xray.sputum came back negative for TB. PLEASE HELP.

Hi Sasa
It sounds as if you had a lung infection or bronchitis – the cough can sometimes persist a while after the infection cleared up. Asthma could also present with a dry cough. It sounds to me as if your sinuses could also have been or still are infected, which can cause a chronic post nasal drip and coughs. Rather see doctor again.

1
Posted by: SASA | 2008/08/01

THANKS A LOT,I WENT TO SEE THE DOCTOR AGAIN AND HE GAVE 2 COUGH SYRUPS -EXPOCTORANT AND BRONCHOLIDATOR.i DO HAVE A DRY COUGH ,WE' LL SEE HOW IT GOES.

Reply to SASA