Question
Posted by: CHESTY | 2012/06/26

COUGHING DILEMMA

Hi, I have had this cough for about 3 weeks now it started out as a chest infection but everything else has cleared up except the cough. It so bad i end up vomiting. What is it. I am taking Alcophylex for it but it doesnt seem to be helping. Could i have Asthma? we have damp in our room which has just surfaced from weather.

Chesty

I suggest that you consult your doctor for an examination and chest x-rays. The cough can be due to an ongoing infection, with inflammation of the airways. Depending on the findings, you might need a course of oral antibiotics, in combination with inhalers and oral cortisone.