Question
Posted by: Denise | 2009/06/15

Coughing and worried while pregnant

I am now 29 weeks pregnant and developed a cough since Sunday morning. My daughter is currently sick with larengitis and she also coughs. I also have a tight chest and it hurts when I cough and breathe. My gynae is away this week so I phoned his partner and he only gave me Espigem. I would like to know if coughing the whole time will it hurt my baby and what warning signs must I look out for? Can I use any other medicine to stop the coughing or is this the best medicine to use? Please help.

Coughing will not harm the baby. Watch out for high fevers, which can be harmful. You could try Benylin cough syrup.