Question
Posted by: liz | 2011/02/28

coughing

Hi doc
I am coughing for a week now and it is a very dry cough, my head and ribs are so sore, I did have some cough medican allcopholex and it does not work. i nose is block in the night only
Do I need do go and see a doc for antibiotic.

Lizelle

Hallo Lizelle
If you are feverish and/or coughing up phlegm, have shortness of breath or pain in the lungs you need to see your doctor. Viral infections can cause dry coughing for a few weeks after a flu or cold, and something like Benylin with codein may help for a dry cough. You can try something like Drixine or Illiadin nose spray at night.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/02/28

Hallo Lizelle