Posted by: Luane | 2011-11-14

Cough,heavy chest etc

Hi Doc,

Can Sinus cause a cough and tightness(heavyness) in the chest that make it hard to breath?

For a couple of months I have had some blood in my nose, an itchy nose and sneezing. this has subsided a bit, but now I have some coughs when I breath in too deep. It comes and goes and is better at certain parts of the day than other.

Please can you help me?

I have been to the doctor and she said that I don''t have any wheezing.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Sinusitis presents with a stuffy nose, nasal discharge, localised headache, feeling of pressure over the sinusses etc. A post nasal discharge can cause irritation in the back of throat with a slight cough. Sinusitis can cause shortness of breath. It is possible that your symptoms are due to chronic sinusitis and I suggest that you consult an ENT specialist for an examination and treatment.

Posted by: Skat man | 2011-11-14

do you suffer with allergies. i have also bein troubled by coughing, heavy breathing especialy at night, itchyness in nose on a constent bases, and it seems to come only during season changes. would be nice to hear what the cause are doctor

Reply to Skat man