Question
Posted by: NG | 2010/05/12

Cough &  chest pain

Hi doc, I''ve had a cold/flu from last week and been to the doctor on Wednesday. He gave me antibiotics and cough mixture. This week I have phlegm I feel it when I cough the thing is I can''t spit it out and the bone on the outside of my chest is a bit sore. I went back to him on Monday he gave me Codeine and some other tablets and he said I shouldn''t worry about the chest bone pain it''s because of the coughing. I feel my chest is a bit tight and I''m breathing heavy. Can this be symptoms of something else like TB, pneumonia etc? I''m also HIV positive and my counts are not good. Thank you in advance.

Hi NG
I think you should get a second opinion, they should at least do a chest x/ray and it sounds as if you may need lung function test too. See if you can get an appointment with a physician if possible

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/05/12

Hi NG

Reply to cyberdoc