Posted by: Nikky | 2011-06-14

Hi Doc,

My GP has prescribed 1ml Celestamine and 1ml Biosolvin for my 2 year old''s Upper Airway Infection. He also prescribed Prospan cough syrup. What is the Celestamine &  Biosolvin mixture for? I have given all of them for 5 days and he is still coughing. He also prescribed Deselex for the winter, what is that for? I got a bit confused with all the information he was giving me.

Thank you.

The Celestamine is a combination of an anti-histamine and prednisone. It is useful to lesson the inflammation of an upper respiratory infection. Biosolvin is a cough syrup and Deselex is an anti-histamine that is used on a chronic basis to treat seasonal allergies.