Question
Posted by: pix | 2010/09/06

Cough

Hi, i have had a peristent cough for over four months now, gets to the point where i end up vomiting, have been to the doctor three times and been on various antibiotics as well as had chest x rays done, however each time the x rays point to bronchitis, what can i do as i cannot continue like this, the only thing that seems to provide mild relief is allecet which i take for hayfever? any advice would be appreciated?

Hallo Pix
I think it is time that they send a sputum sample to the lab to culture - one needs to see whether there is a resistant bacteria and you also need to exclude TB. I would also suggest that you ask your doctor to do a lung function test, as you may need a bronchodilator and a stronger allergy treatment like Deselex. IGE blood levels would give an indication if you have an allergy that is out of control.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/09/06

Hallo Pix