Hi, Ive been to the doc for a constant mild cough and quite bad phlegm that doesnt want to go away. Everytime i go im put on antibiotics but this doesnt help that much. The doc said I have chronic cough and the only solution is to prevent irratants that cause phlegm and throat irratation (like dairy, aircon, fan etc). Im wondering if theres anything else I can do to permanently remove the phlegm and itchy throat problems besides minimizing irratants that cause it and besides anti biotics, or is this like a life-long thing I will have to monitor. Thanks.

It is possible that you are suffering from chronic sinusitis and I therefore, strongly suggest that you consult an ENT (Ear, nose & Throat) specialist for a CT scan of your sinusses. The post nasal drip due to the sinusitis can cause chronic throat irritation, as well as a constant cough.

Kind regards