Posted by: Zee | 2009-02-24

My son 3 year old son coughs very hard at night, sometimes he vomits and he looses weight when this happens. I noticed that it is seasonal, one paed said its a touch of asthma and he prescribed medication which helped. The second time he had this cough I took him to hospital as it was late the doctor said it was just a cold and he does not have asthma prescribed medication which worked after a while and now he has the same cough again I give him demazin, deselex and a brocho something syrup. My problem is that everytime I take him to the doctor I am told it' s just a cold what type of a cold id this cause he can' t sleep at night when he has it and why does it reoccur every season and what medication should I give him.

Dear Zee
Take him to your pediatrician and tell him that this is a recurring problem, he may need to give you some medication you can keep in the house to give him inhalations with ( it may be worth the money to buy a nebulizer for him) He probably has an underlying allergy and it may be related to airborne pollen.