Question
Posted by: coughing | 2008/11/20

cough

I recently have started using the Budesonide Aerosol Inhalation BUDEFLAM 200 GENTLE-HALER for seasonal asthma, and I have been told my the doctor to puff twice a day only.

A couple of days ago my chest starting to build up phlem... and i am coughing alot as the phlem needs to come out and i does... the phlem is thick and yellow... could this be a general cough that i picked up or is this a side effect of the pump?

please advise, thank you

Expert ImagePharmacist

When using the inhaler you should always drink a large glass of water afterwards.

The pleghm you have described indicated a bacterial infection and I'd suggest speaking to your doctor reagarding a suitable treatment