Posted by: Jacqui | 2011-11-07

After my pregnancy I was diagnosed with costochondritis by my doctor. It has been a year and a half now and I still have it. I can only sleep for about 4 hours at night and then the pain starts. If I lie on my sides/back or tummy. As soon as there is any pressure on my ribs my mid back and ribs starts paining so much that it is difficult for me to move myself around. It only hurts when I am lying down and for about a hour after I get up. Do you have any suggestions or what can I use for it to go away. Anti inflammatory meds only for for 3 days and thereafter not.

Expert ImageChiroDoc

Hi Jacqui
Have you seen a physiotherapist? This could help. Alternately you could visit a chiropractor for an evaluation of your condition. He/She will determine whether chiropractic can help or whether you should be referred.