Question
Posted by: T | 2009-07-27

Costochondritis

Hi Doc!

I have been diagnosed with Costochondritis and have been taking Cataflam -D (50mg) but it seems that the pain in my chest is not going away and I have difficulty breathing easily as well. I cant lie on my back as it feels as if I can' t breathe.

Is there any other medication that I can use to help the pain and help my breathing?

Hope you can help me in this regards.

Thank You
T

Dear T
Costochondritis usually does not cause shortness of breath, so maybe you have underlying lunginfection - please ask your doctor to just listen to your lungs again and see if you maybe need a x/ray of your chest. You may also need to get a lungfunction test.

1
Posted by: T | 2009-07-28

Hi Doc!

Is there any other medication that you would recommend for Costochondritis.

T

Reply to T