Question
Posted by: Lands | 2008/08/21

Costochondritis

I have inflammation in my chest, Dr.s has called it costochondritis, I refuse to believe that only cortisone injections will work. My inflammation gets so bad, it sometimes feel as if I am having a heart attack. I had to pull off the road because my arm was numb and I could not sit straight because of the pain. Is there any medication that will help for this?

Expert ImagePharmacist

Lands

Corticosteroids are very effective in treating inflammation. While waiting for the inflammation to subside, the addition of pain medication may bring relief. Call your doc and explain the predicament.