Posted by: Melody | 2011-07-07

Hi Doc, I have a serious problem where I go for up to 3 weeks and longer without passing a stool. I have now tried eating Bran Flakes for breakfast and drinking more water what can I use with this. I am desperate because when I do have a stool I suffer with piles afterwards this has been on going for years now. Please Help.

I suggest that you consult a gastroenterologist for a colonoscopy to find the cause for your chronic constripation. In the interim you can use Laxette syrup (20ml, twice daily) in combination with Softlax tablets (two to four tablets at night) to soften your stools. You can also supplement with fibre. A good product to use is Solgar Multiple Fibre capsules available at health shops.

Posted by: D | 2011-07-07

Try this stuff called colon cleanse its the natural foods brand and you can get it at most health stores in a light blue packet.
Works within a day :) very good and easy on the tummy. take 2 tsp in water a day, you won''t need to eat all bran then :)

Reply to D