Question
Posted by: Nicolette | 2008/11/09

Costalgia / costochondritis ?

For the past 10 days or so, I have had pain in one of my ribs on the left side. It hurts when I touch it and it also hurts everytime I bend my head forward.

It feels like I' ve been kicked in the ribs, but there is no bruising, swelling or redness?

What could be causing this pain?

Dear Nicolette

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

It is possible that you have inflammation of the muscle between your ribs. You can use Myprodol, two capsules, four times daily for a period of seven days. If the symptoms persist, I recommend that you consult a doctor for a full examination and possible x-rays.