Posted by: Anita | 2010-11-22

I need to get a cortizone injection in the facet bones in L4.
Need to know what the side affects will be over the long term because the procedure only lasts for 6 months and I am now 60.

Expert ImageChiroDoc

The injection may indeed provide some relief. Not good however to have too many cortisone injections.
Some of the known side effects are : Ostenecrosis - bone dies at site of injection. Injection can lead to Osteoporosis at site of injection. The tendons in the region may rupture or weaken . Pain may also worsen temporarily within the first 48 hours.

Posted by: Jackie | 2011-01-21

I have spinal stenosis, confirmed by MRI scans but my doctor still wants to do a discograph - I had a cervical discograph a few years ago and it was horrendous and because I am allergic to Iodine the result was inconclusive? do I really need to have another one

Reply to Jackie