Question
Posted by: Jo | 2010-11-01

Cortisone injections

I had a full Faset block and afterwards counted 20 injection marks. As far as I could determine I was injected cortisone, and now has gained a lot of weight. I know cortisone do that to you but how can I get this cortisone out of my system quick so that I can fot into my clothes normally?

Dear Jo
There is no method for speeding up the removal of cortisone from your system. Your body will have to metabolise it first and that can take time. Unfortunately weight gain and disturbed blood glucose levels can result from a Faset Block. Firstly I would recommend that you discuss this weight gain with the doctor who provided the Facet Block for you. Ask him/her if some of this weight gain could be due to water retention and if so, if he/she could prescribe a mild diuretic to help your body cope. If this is not an option then you may have to reduce your food intake moderately by using a low-fat, low-GI (glycaemic index) diet and if possible doing some moderate exercise like going for walks every day. Click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'The Glycaemic Index' and read the articles on the GI.
I hope that you start losing the weight as the cortisone is metabolised.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-11-01

Dear Jo