Question
Posted by: Gogga | 2009-02-19

cortisone cream for flea allergy?

I have a question on behalf of a friend of mine. Her dog is allergic to fleabites, and despite her monthly frontline treatments and everything she still gets bitten when she is taken for a walk on the beach and then the itching starts. It' s an old dog with heart failure and my friend has financial problems at the moment, so taking her to the vet for cortisone injection every time is probably not the best option. Is it safe to put hydrocortisone cream for humans, such as Stop-Itch, on a dog' s skin?

Dear Gogga

Short term use should be fine. You can also just go and ask the vet for some dog eczema cream that works very well.