Question
Posted by: Heidi Visser | 2011/10/25

Cortisone

Good day
I have been on prednisone for nearly 2 months and have a 3rd month to go. I just wanted to find out whether it could cause general achiness. It''s not my muscles that ache - it sort of feels like it''s my bones that ache. E.g. if I press on my breastbone or my hips, it hurts. Is this something that could be attributed to the prednisone?

Thanks!
Heidi

Heidi

Prednisone can cause painful hips and shoulders, leg pain and cramps. Consult your doctor to determine if your side effects warrant that you should stop taking the medication.