Question
Posted by: shilry | 2011/04/08

CORTISONE

I just need some advice.
I would like to find out abt my 24 month son. I took him to the doc since he was feverish and restless and coughing. He diagnosed him with ear infection and phelgm chest. He prescribed Augmentin es 600 for 5 days and 1 X 5ml prelone for 5 days and celestamine/flemlite mixture for 5days 2 X 5ml daily and asked me to neb him with pulmicort twice a day. I want to ask you what is your opinion with all this different steroird/cortisone medicines given at once, Is it not too much. Pls advice.

thanks

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Shirly - Only the doctor who evaluated and diagnosed your son know the severity of the inflammation he intended to treat. 3 Steroids may seem severe, but the dosages are well within in range and does have different uses.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2011/04/11

Reply to pharmacist