Question
Posted by: Edward | 2009/10/26

Cortisol

Hi Doc,

I would like to know what I could take to lower my cortisol levels. They are exceptionally high (as per tests) and I would like to lower it as its effecting me in various ways (anxiety &  stress, insomnia, muscle loss and a decrease in bone density). I play a lot of sports and eat a very healthy diet but due to work and other pressures, my cortisol levels continue to stay high. Please let me know what I could take to suppress it.

Hallo Edward
You should first determine the cause of the high cortisol levels ( to exclude ACTH-secreting pituitary adenomas of Cushing’s disease is very important) There are medications one you take to reduce cortisol levels but it should be managed by a endocrinologist if possible, as too low cortisol levels can be very harmful.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/10/26

Hallo Edward

Reply to cyberdoc