Question
Posted by: Jen | 2008/05/29

Corrective surgery

Im 29 and was molested for 4 years by a family member when i was 9.

I have since ignored it, moved on with my life and am at a huge junction. I have been to therapy in the last 7 yrs - on and off - and my life is good... except sexually.

I was married for a short while - my past came back to haunt me at this time. Although we were very physicaly, we did not have full penetrative sex and this led to many other problems. We later divorced.

I am now finally dealing with my concerns and trying to pick up the pieces. I am looking into hymen surgery to remove the physical pain associated with intercorse and am in therapy to attend to the emotional side. With this combination, i believe I can beat this.

Does anyone know someone who had hymen surgery (removed) in Cape Town? I would like to seriously consider this option and would like to go and speak to a professional to assist.

Your responses are appreciated!

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I recommend that you make an appointment with a gynaecologist, in order to discuss the procedure with him/her.

Kind regards