Question
Posted by: lolly | 2011/05/30

correct weight

my height is 169,6cm. My weight is 95,4kg. What should my weight b.before I had my 2 sons I weighed in at about 73kgs-was 29 when I had my first child. Im 34yrs old. I really need to lose this weight, please help

Dear Lolly
Your present BMI = 33, which is in the obese range. When you weighed 73 kg, your BMI = 25.3, which was just above the upper limit of normal. To get back into the normal range with a BMI of 24.2, you would need to weigh 70 kg, thus a loss of 25.4 kg. To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'DietnFood' at the top of this page, then on 'Healthy Diets' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increase your energy output by doing regular exercise for 30 or more minutes per day(running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). Because you have a large amount of weight to lose, divide the amount up into 5 kg goals. Aim to lose the first 5 kg, then the next 5 kg and so on until you have achieved your goal weight. Perseverence will get you there, but Rome was not built in a day either, so do things in stages.

1

Dear Lolly