Question
Posted by: Johan Rebel | 2012/01/21

Correct treatment ??

Dear Dr Burger,

1) Can a person be treated and become 100% clear from bilhazia? I have been living with this for more than 6 years and it keeps on comming back, taking pilles every 6 months 
2) Is Cysticide the correct treatment? This is what has been prescibe to me, we are living in South Afirca 
3) What would you recommend as the best posiible treatment to be 100% clear of bilharia?
johan Rebel

Johan

I suggest that you consult an infection specialist or an internal specialist. Cysticide is the golden standard for treatment of bilharzia and I doubt if ever, the disease will disappear completely.