Posted by: Hopeful | 2009-03-26

Correct Diet

Good Day,

I really want to start losing weight and want to know if the following would be the ideal diet to lose the weight.
2 slices of wholewheat toast with marmite
1 piece of fruit
1 cup of coffee

2 ryvitas with cottage cheese

2min Noodles with no butter
1 piece of fruit

small low fat yogart

Baked potato
green salad
glass of fruit juice

20 min Cardio Exercise
10 Toning

1.5L of water intake per day.

Would this be sufficient to help me lose weight?
As I have really reach that point where I am tired of being fat.

Thank you for the advice

Dear Hopeful
TThe diet you describe plus the exercise should certainly help you to start losing weight. Make sure that you do not overdo your water intake (stick to 2,5 litre of liquid a day) and concentrate on the cardio exercises as they burn more energy than the toning exercises. You may find that the lunch consisting only of 2 minutes noodles (a high-GI food) will not sustain you and may cause cravings. Rather consider having a slice of low-GI bread with tuna or chicken breast or fat-free cottage cheese, some salad and the fruit.
Wishing you all the best in your endeavour