Posted by: anna | 2012-10-31

coronary angiogram

Underwent Dobutamine stress echocardiogram and the conclusion is: Viable ischemic myocardium involving the left ventricular free wall with stress induced wall motion abnormality involving the inferolateral left ventricular free wall.

My question is: Do i still need to undergo Coronary Angiogram?

Im 50 years old female from the Philippines.

Expert ImageCardiologist

Dear Anna

You don’t mention what symptoms led to the dobutamine stress echocardiogram. You also don’t mention whether you have had a conventional stress ECG. However, if you have had chest pain which sounds like it could be due to the heart, or alternatively if you are at high risk for coronary heart disease, then yes, I would undergo the coronary angiogram. It is important to establish beyond doubt whether or not you have coronary artery disease, and the only test which will reliably answer that question is a coronary angiogram. Other tests, such as dobutamine stress echo, stress ECG, and even CT coronary angiography may still leave some uncertainty about the condition of your coronary arteries.

I hope the result is very favourable.

Best wishes, JT