Question
Posted by: WORRIED | 2009-10-02

CORN PLASTERS WHEN PREGNANT

I bought a corn plaster recently - its a green cross corn plaster that contains salycic acid - it does have all the contra - indications on it as well - but does not state if pregnant woman can use the plaster -
i am currently 29 wks pregnant, is it safe to use the plaster as they say that salycic acid is absorbed into the blood stream.
THANKING YOU

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Worried

I'm not a big fan of these salycylic acid corn plasters at the best of times. There is no way of protecting the surrounding skin or knowing how deep the acid is going to penetrate. It would be far better to have the corn removed by a podiatrist. I am not sure if the use of these plasters is contraindicated during pregnancy. I would phone the manufacturer and check with them.

Chris