Posted by: Nettie | 2011-10-25

Corega Denture Fixative Side Effects

I would like to find out what are the side effects of using Corega Denture Fixative?
I did stumbled apon a article on the net of a few cases reported overseas regarding a Fixative.
I have asthma, and about three weeks ago i started using Corega. About a week ago i started to get chest pains and my asthma seems to worsen by the day, last night i struggled for most part of the night with my breathing, at first i though that it might be that im getting a cold or something and then this morning i remember that the symtoms started when i began using corega, it also looks like i have anemia, my eyelids on the inside are very pale, with this i have a sore throat and this silly cough. Can it be because of the use of corega or what/
Please advise

I am unable to find any evidence about Corega causing a worsening of asthma. If you suspect that you are anemic, you should consult your doctor as soon as possible, as anemia can cause a multitude of symptoms, especially fatigue. Ask your doctor to also do a lung function test, to establish if your asthma is well controlled.

Posted by: Neeltje | 2016-02-02

Middag Ons wil graag weet hoe lank hou die fixadent gom. Die rede my skoonma is bedleend en het alzheimer. Sy sal haar tande net uithaal vir 1 persoon om skoon te maak. Met die gevolg gaan daar soms 2 dae verby sonder skoonmaak. WAT ONS EGTER wil weet hoe lank hou die gom haar tande te groot vir mond met die gevolg dat baie kos onder tande bly. Ons gee meeste van die tyd sagte kosies. Sal die gom darem 2 dae hou sodat sy van die kosies kan "kou" en sodoende kosies in kan kry. Ons gee sagte kosies want ons is bang sy verstik en dan is ons ook bang vir die kosies wat in haar mond agterbly vir verstikking. Jammer vir die koerant maar ek moes verduidelik.

Reply to Neeltje | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Neeltje | 2016-02-02

my email address Hoe sl ek weet wanneer en waar het ek n antwoord gekry ?

I am disappointed that no one has stocks of the fixative, although the cleansing tablets are readily available?

I have been using Corega for about two years and I can't go without it... The safety of knowing that your dentures won't move unexpectedly and eating with my detures like they are my natural teeth is amazing. I've never had any side effects and corega leaves a nice taste in my mouth as well. Definetly worth using eve though I can't seem to find any at the moment.