Question
Posted by: Abba | 2008/07/01

Copy Cat

Ek werk saam met 'n vrou, is iewat behep met my? weet nie hoe
om dit te hanteer nie.
Sal alles vir my doen. (skiewie)
As ek haar iets vertel wat met my gebeur het, die volgende dag sal sy my dieselfde vertel wat met haar gebeur het. Sy leef in ander mense se skaduwee wat ek kan agterkom.
Hoe hanteer ek so 'n persoon?
Of probeer ander se persoonlikheid aan neem.
As ek vir haar se, ek kyk nooit tv nie dan doen sy dit ook? ek weet nie hoe om hierdie vrou te hanteer nie. Asseblief help

Don't get involved with her, and don't ever again talk to her about any personal tings --- keep any chat to trivial work-related issues. Sad if, as it sounds, she feels so little confidence in herself and her own worth that she feels she needs to adopt aspects of other people's lives. And Lin's comments make good sense, too

3
Posted by: Kellis | 2008/07/02

i worked with a woman who would wear exactly the same outfit as i did the next day. If i wore an orange top and black pants, she would wear an orange top and black pants the next day. I will never know why she did this but she was unstable in other aspects of her life so it didn't surprise me. i have left the company now but dont ever want to bump into her. She was quite an evil person.

Reply to Kellis
Posted by: Just M | 2008/07/02

Hi Abba,

Funnily enough I had the same problem. In the beginning I actually felt sorry for her and I started to enclude her in my social group. One day we were all having dinner and my friends were asking her some questions about her life and work and I noticed that she looked at me everytime before and after answering, as if seeking my approval.

When her neediness started getting too much for me, I invited her to go bungee jumping with us (something I knew she would never do), but to my dismay and surprise she actually accepted and came with us. When we reached the bridge she started crying and saying that she couldn't do it. Afterwards she begged me not to be disappointed in her and she promised me that next time she would jump. This was when I realised that this was not normal. I evetually stopped all communication with her and luckily had the oppertunity to change jobs soon after.

Reply to Just M
Posted by: Lin | 2008/07/02

Dit klink vir my of sy 'n behoefte aan aanvaarding het en 'n swak selfbeeld het. Moedig haar aan om iets uit haar eie te doen en vra haar uit na wat sy in haar spaartyd doen - watter hobbies het sy en wat geniet sy om te doen. As sy sien jy stel in haar as mens belang sal sy bietjie vir bietjie meer dinge op haar eie doen.

Reply to Lin